Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Why Care Campaign

One of my long time friends Katie, co-founded with one of her students Devin a campaign to stop world hunger called "Why Care". I met Katie at our church when I was in middle school (she is our pastor's daughter). She was my leader on a mission trip to the Bahamas and we had SO much fun! I just love her, she is such a sweet person, and is changing the world. She has been taking pictures of people holding up a sign with a reason why they care about hunger...her's is AWESOME!! It just made me smile when I saw it because obviously adoption is close to my heart!....
Well she e-mailed me and asked if I could do one for her to put on the webiste as well..of course I was all over it, but I wanted something really good to say and I wanted it to be about us adopting our kids from foster care. The #2 reason kids are in foster care is because of neglect to include malnourishment. So it took me a few hours to come up with a good way to word it and a little help from her and we ended with this :)


"We care because... The children we are adopting will have experienced hunger and neglect" James 1:27

If you want to send in a picture of you or your family with a reason send it to
 whycarecampaign@gmail.com


You can also like the "Why Care Campaign" on Facebook and check out what is going on and see other great ideas like these!
They are also on Twitter at @WhyCare_

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails