Wednesday, April 25, 2012

We are D-O-N-E!!!


Saturday Eric and I finished our last adoption training class and handed in ALL of our remaining paperwork for the adoption....did you read what I said??? WE ARE DONE!!!! This is so crazy to me! I was told that this process would take at least 6 months just to be approved and here we are 3 days shy of 1 month from when we started and we have done EVERYTHING that is left for us to do! The only thing we are waiting on is our inspections and approval from DHEC! Our caseworker told us this is the best position we can be in, having done everything and end up just "waiting" on them. I can't get over how fast this has gone and how easy this has been. Not to mention such a positive experience with all of the DSS workers we have come in contact with. They all LOVE their jobs and are so encouraging for all of us "adoptees" its really been amazing. We were told that by the lastest, we will be approved by July 1st. That would put us at the 3 month mark! How awesome is that? That is HALF of the time we were told! Anything could still happen so I don't want to get too excited but God is good! We were also told that it could take us anywhere from right away to a year to be placed with a child. I am REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping that by Christmas we will have our new addition, but I know it will all happen in its perfect time!   My new friend VANESSA told us in class about a book she is reading called, "The Connected Child" so I went to the bookstore and picked it up. I am so excited about reading it, I know it will help us. I also bought a book the day after we turned in our first application called, "God Found Us You". It's a children's book and is the sweetest book in the world explaining (to a degree) about adoption. We should get a letter soon from the Fire Inspector with a date that he is coming!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails