Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Adoption Training 4/14


Saturday we went to the SC Department of Social Services office for our first 7 hour training day. Eric and I had no idea what to expect and I was honestly dreading a "school" day. It was nothing like what either of us expected and we had such a fun time! We met some awesome people and made some new friends! Vanessa (you can read her blog HERE) and I had a lot in common and sat next to each other and quickly became friends! It's nice to know other couples who are going through the same things we are and are able to share with us their experiences as well. We watched a few videos and had alot of open discussion about what we as couples/families have to offer these children. We made a list of things we all thought were important and talked about each one. The whole day was such a great experience and we learned a lot of things. Although we did hear some pretty heart wrenching stories about children, it made me even more passionate about helping bring at least one of those children home. After class, Eric and I headed out to lunch and just talked about the day. We both are getting really excited and are trying to get this paperwork done as soon as possible so we can take the next steps to finish the home study process and inspections and be on our way to adding a special child to our family! We have also been talking to Ryder a lot about the adoption and trying to help him understand what is going to happen. He usually says, "Ryder NOT want a brother or sister!" Or when I ask him if he wants a brother/sister he says, "NO MA'AM!!" But lately he is saying, "Mommy pwease give me a baby sista, pwease mommy" so I think he's starting to come around! :) I forgot my camera, so with Vanessa's permission I am stealing these from her blog! :) Thanks Vanessa!!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Haha! Yay! That's great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails