Saturday, November 14, 2009

Surgery...and Roly Poly

I am not feeling so great today..I kind of feel like I was hit by a car! I am just real achy all over and my throat is still hurting from the breathing tube... the surgery went really well and they got it all out of my skin, however they are "freezing" it and sending it to the lab so we won't know for 10-14 days if it had already spread. So were still praying and hoping for the best and that the surgery was the last we have to worry about the cancer. I did have a near death experience although my oh so supportive family thinks I was "dreaming".... When I was in recovery I couldn't open my eyes yet just from the medicine but I was trying to catch my breath and then I just remember it felt like I had gone back to sleep and when I woke up they said that I had stopped breathing and turned blue! So they had to put the breathing tube back in...but a short while later I woke up again and they said I was doing much better and my color had returned. They took about 3 inches out and stitched up underneath my skin and then glued the top together. Thanks for every ones prayers!....AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... I got a phone call on Thursday from Bethany (his babysitter) and he has officially started rolling over!! He's been rolling over at home the last few days but every time I whip out the camera it immediately stops! :( but whenever I can catch it I'll post it!

3 comments:

the haynie's said...

Glad to hear everything went well. I callled Denise to see how you did. We are still praying for you and we also put you and the family on the prayer list at church. Hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted. Give Ryder a kiss for us.

The Flowers said...

Glad it went well...and I hope that's all you will have to do!! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well...you are still in my prayers!!

Thomas and Heather said...

We are glad you are back home! Praise God for bringing you through the surgery safe and sound. We love you all...hugs and kisses OXOXOX!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails