Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cancer

I had a freckle on my chest that just appeared when I was pregnant, but I didn't think anything of it because your skin changes color alot when your pregnant. Well a few weeks ago I noticed it had turned red, so I went to the doctor and she said it could be pre-cancer but she didn't suspect cancer. Well I got a phone call today asking me to come in and sit down and discuss my biopsy with my doctor. And it turned out to be very bad news. I have stage 2 melonoma cancer. They don't believe it has spread to my lymph nodes or anywhere yet, but I am meeting with the surgeon tomorrow to go ahead and have surgeory to remove all of the tissue they believe is infected. We will also know for sure that it hasn't spread anywhere else like the lymph nodes. So PLEASE PLEASE keep us in your prayers!!

7 comments:

Paul said...

Love you AA. You know we are praying for you!!

Emily said...

Hey, we will definitely be praying for you! I know everybody says this, but seriously, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you! Meal, babysitting, etc. etc.

Anonymous said...

Just keep strong in your faith and let God take care of it!!
Love ya!!
John and Denise

Kathleen said...

Came over from Kelly's Korner.

I am actually a nurse that works with melanoma patients. If you haven't had any further diagnostic testing done other than that original biopsy it sounds like you are talking about the Clark's level being a 2. The Clark's level is a much older staging system and it is not related to the current staging system that is used. I have seen many melanoma's that are a Clark's level 2 that turn out to be a Stage I melanoma and highly curable.

Regardless, I understand how scary and uncertain it is for you right now and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever want someone to talk to please feel free to contact me via my blog. Hugs to you.

Kathleen

Karen At Home Blog said...

I am so sorry, you are in my prayers!!!

Karen

Thomas and Heather said...

We will be praying for you and we also sent the prayer request to Daughters of Rachel (part of The Voice of Evangelism), who have over 1,200 prayer intercessors. Those ladies pray around the clock. We love you, Eric, and Ryder!

Alisha Harris said...

Thank you everyone! It means alot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails