Thursday, May 3, 2012

WERE POTTY TRAINED... well ALMOST :)


We have been "potty training" Ryder FOREVER and we don't have a timeline we have to meet by any means but it would be nice to quit buying pull-ups! Well last Friday it was like something just "clicked" with him... he now goes completely by himself, I never say, "Do you need to go potty?" Or open the bathroom door, or check on him or ANYTHING! He usually says, "Mommy stay RIGHT there, stay there mommy!" Because he wants to do it himself which is A-OK with me! He hasn't been peeing, or pooping at naptime or bedtime and has had the same dry pull-up since Friday night! Well just as I was going to blog about this yesterday and announce he's "potty-trained!", My sister-in-law picked him up to take him to the zoo...well of course I left him in his underwear. I made sure he went before they left and thought no big deal he's done Great!! (btw I have taken him shopping, out to eat and to the YMCA with NO accidents) well she said it wasn't 10 minutes into it that he said, "Manda, I need to go potty" She said she looked down and he had peed all over the floor! Then she said after changing him and going back out he did the same thing!! So needless to say I think I'm going to be buying a few more pullups..but WERE ON TO SOMETHING HERE!! :) .... OH and I need to add, when he got home, I said, "Ryder, did you pee in your pants at the zoo?" And he said, " uh huh" and I said, "Why didn't you tell Amanda you had to go potty?" and he said, "I told Manda and she said, Ryder not go potty" :) He said this over and over how she wouldn't let him go.. I think SOMEONE was trying to get out of trouble... thankfully he has a pretty smart mommy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails