Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Adoption Update**

I met with our caseworker yesterday to drop off some copies of paperwork that they couldn't find. This was my first time getting to talk to her one-on-one and she went over my paperwork with me just to make sure we were "open" on our openness form. The openness form is a 5 page form that lists everything and anything your child could have from a slow learner to mentally retarded.. and you select YES if your willing to accept it, or NO. Not only that but you have to select yes or no if you would let it be in the family's history as well. So needless to say its a LONG form. It took us MANY late nights on google trying to figure out what half of the illness' were and if it made a difference if it was in the family or not as well. She said ours looked great except I had selected to accept fetal alcohol syndrome in a "mild" case and she told me that was really severe and by seeing what else we said no to that we should say no to that. We made a couple other corrections and then she explained what will happen now. She scheduled our DHEC inspection, which doesn't exactly mean its "scheduled" but we ARE on the waiting list.  I will get a letter by the end of the week and then I have to call them all the time reminding them that I am waiting and wait for our names to be at the top of the list. I'm pretty good at nagging so maybe they'll move ours up fast?? :) Just sayin.... Then we will have the fire inspection which she said she could have them come out tomorrow if she needed them to so that's not a big deal, and then our home-study! So we are getting close to the end of our approval process! I think???  For those of you wanting to know how long this is taking?? It's only been 5 weeks since the initial orientation meeting we went to....THATS FAST!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

They were really nice when I called. I called the week after I got the letter and found our there were 30 ahead. Then I waited a few weeks and called and there were 11 ahead, then they really called me a week later to schedule, but we missed it, so 2 weeks later it actually happened! So it really wasn't bad! I don't think it will be 3 months, more like 1, but I think they are getting them done faster than 3 months for sure!

Alisha Harris said...

I'm EXCITED! I'm also excited to know you and be able to hear you go ahead of me first!! :) SO I can get some good tips! Ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails