Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What a DAY!

SO today started off with me going grocery shopping.. this is my normal Wed routine, because the ads come out on Wed and I like to get their first to get all of the sale items so I'm not stuck getting a bunch of rain checks...(like you really had an interest on why I grocery shop on Wed??) well Ryder and I had gone to our first grocery store and were on our way to Walmart.. SO I am walking in the store towards the back to get some milk when all of the sudden I fall! It was actually pretty graceful and I landed on my knees while still holding on to the grocery cart. When I looked down to see what I slipped on, their was this blue stuff all over the floor! There was a worker a little ways away from me so I walked over to her (upset I might add) and said, look I just fell over there where all of that blue stuff is, yall really need to clean it up before someone else does (with an attitude of course) She apologised and went to clean it up, I looked down and theirs my son squiriting blue shampoo all over Walmarts floors. HORRIFIED I turned to see if anyone was watching picked up the shampoo and skidaddled out of that store as FAST as I could! Talk about embarassing!

When we got home I was in a hurry to get the house cleaned, shower and get ready for the Teacher of the year ceremony. I was running through the house when I kept smelling something on fire, I walked through the house and narrowed it down to just our bedroom. I walked around the bedroom and was convinced it was coming through the airvent so I ran up to the attic with my towel on and all. I looked everywhere and couldn't see anything like a fire.. when I went back into the bedroom the smell was getting worse so I called my dad to see if he was close and could come help me figure out what it was, well he wasn't and he suggested that I go outside to see if something was burning outside...when I went out I didn't smell it at all, so I walked back into the bedroom and went to the lamp to see if it was on fire, nope, checked my hair dryer and curling iron, nope then I looked up at the air vent again, out of the corner of my eye I saw smoke and realised my celing fan was ON FIRE! thankfully I put the fire out! and we are safe and sound ... Eric thinks the motor went bad but regardless I am just thankful that I didn't leave that light or fan on when I went grocery shopping for a couple of hours today or I wouldn't have a home or my sweet little Gracie :( Thankfully we are all fine! WHEW what a day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails