Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SC Teacher of the Year!

SO my aunt Becky won her school's teacher of the year, and then went on to win her District Teacher of the Year! I didn't realize how big of a deal it was until tonight one of the Directors stopped to talk to us and congratulated her, and said "Just think, out of the 50,000 teachers we have in this state you made it to the top 87! Thats pretty awesome! We had SUCH a fun time!

Meme babysat Ryder until Eric got home so it was a fun girls night! Which I don't get very often!


Becky even got to walk in a PARADE with all of the winners!!.. WE couldn't stop laughing!! THE RED CARPET AND ALL! :)

This was her telling us who her "dress" was made by! HA!


The room was GORGIOUS!

 We went to two receptions and then the BIG dinner.. the food was FABULOUS! the cake was too good for words.. thankfully I left half of it on my plate because I have been counting calories and I wouldn't have been able to eat next week at all.. I'm hoping that without eating for the rest of this week I'll be on target! HA!...



the Govenor was even there to present the award! Becky had to walk across the stage and to our dismay we weren't allowed to yell and hollar :( Oh well, we had a great time! Here are some pictures!


 
GOVENOR Haley

This bag has the FUNNIEST story.. when we got to the first reception at the Hilton Hotel (where all of the winners got free hotel rooms... EXCEPT Becky decided not to stay the night) Becky got some gifts, a plaque, a picture, and this Piggly Wiggly bag... so all of the OTHER winners took their goodies up to their rooms BUT Becky who decided NOT to get a hotel room divided up her goodies among us to carry.. well ACTUALLY I put everything I could fit in my purse and my mom got stuck with this bag.. let me just tell you all that this bag weighed 10 pounds, it had a bottle of water, an orange, a box of noodles, and a granola bar along with other random things... Just to help you get the picture, everyone is dressed in ball gowns and here comes my mom holding this Piggly Wiggly bag like its her purse! HOW embarassing!

All in all we had a FABULOUS night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails