Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tic..Tock...Tic...Tock.....

Um SOOO this is the longest process OF MY ENTIRE LIFE! ...no one tells you pregnancy last FOREVER!! My doctors appointment today was a whole HEAP of fun!....thanks for warning me that when they check your cervix they stick there ENTIRE arm up you...um YEA ...one of the many things people don't tell you... I thought I was going to scoot off the table..and that was right before I literally almost did...my feet slipped out of those stirrups as soon as she made it about up to her elbow in their ( sorry if this is gross I am just trying to make a vivid picture in my mind so next time I think babies look so cute I can look back at this blog I'll remember exactly how it was) I was like sorry but this hurt alot more than I was expecting...and she said, "Yea its like I am going to grab your tonsils" and I said "yea, while your in their just go ahead and pull him out!!" Needless to say I am ZERO yes ZERO cm dilated and 50% effaced...NOT a fun day

5 comments:

Sadler Family said...

He will be here before you know it...think...you have to go through that process every week until he comes.

The Flowers said...

Ahem...I tried to warn you! I guess you really have to experience it for yourself before you realize how painful it is! But it's all worth it in the end...not nearly as much pain as you will go through...unless you get some meds :)

Alisha Harris said...

after yesterday BRING ON THE EPIDURAL :)...and yes stephanie you did warn me but I was NOT expecting that!! haha

The Coleman Family said...

Alisha--my doctor and I had a mutual agreement that there would be no checking at the end...it is not medically necessary, does nothing for you or the baby...who cares if you are dilated or not, when your water breaks, you know it is time!

Alisha Harris said...

Kim that was a fabulous plan and if i had any idea ahead of time how awful that was whether it was mutual or not we would have gone that route haha! but definetly am doing that next time!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails