Friday, May 30, 2008

Hospital Update Day #4







So this week has literally been awful! Everything that could go wrong has! Well I ate today around 2 oclock for the first time in well over 48 hours. I was starving feeling nautious and exhausted. The nurses still have to come in alot to check my vitals, and every morning at 4am I get blood drawn. Well the excitement started yesterday early early morning when I couldn't move my arm. They thought I might have gotten a bloodclot in my vein from my IV so they took it out. Which will make my hospital stay even longer because they had to stop the medicine. They sent an IV team up and they realized they had to do a picc line which if you dont know what that is they put an ultrasound machine on my arm to find veins and then they literally like operate on you. My mom had to wear a mask and hat and the whole thing. I have pictures :). They cut into your arm and stick a needle down to the vein, then they put a tube through your vein down to your heart where they can use that as an IV. It actually didn't hurt all I felt was the 2 inch needle to numb me *NOT EXAGERATING*. Then I had to do my colonoscopy which was my 15th what a milestone haha. The good news is they didn't see any sign of crohns but my ulcerative colitis is still severe and surgeory is still the only option. The dr is sending the surgeons in today, and if I dont have any sign of being better in a couple days they are going to do surgeory right here now which they said I'll be here for another 5-8 days. So I am just kind of trying to have fun but realy not feeling good. Here are some pictures though.. and yes they had to use a condom to put over the ultrasound machine which the nurses thought was hilarious and my mom's eyes were huge it was quite funny. The nurse wouldn't let me NOT get a picture of it.

1 comment:

Sadler Family said...

If you weren't four hours away I would so come a visit you everyday. Eric came over today and I think he really misses you. He told me that he missed your cooking and he is living off of pizza a macaroni and cheese. We are praying for you and can't wait for you to come home.
P.S. I love all the outfits you got Addison!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails