Friday, March 15, 2013

Sunny Spring Day


The kids and I have been basking in the sunlight today! (Don't worry we are ALL wearing sunscreen!) It is so nice outside and I have an extra little person today, my niece Addison. So of course I have to make it EXTRA fun so that she always wants to come play.

This morning we made a rainbow tissue paper craft in honor of St. Patricks Day AND we made GREEN cupcakes with GREEN frosting! Let me take you down a rabbit trail, I LOVE pinterest I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE! I have decorated several rooms in my house with DIY projects and decorating ideas and it has NEVER steered me wrong ...that is until today. I went on there to find an easy homemade frosting recipe because I forgot to run to the store last night (probably because I was belting Elevation Worships CD in my minivan because ladies night out was SO incredible ok ok ok back to the first rabbit trail) and I found one that I had all of the ingredients for. It led me to a ladies blog where she literally said, "After making this icing I will NEVER go back to store bought again". WOW that is a statement! I mean I could spoon a whole can of cream cheese frosting without taking a breath. So I whip up a batch and die it green of course and get my spoon ready for the best icing I've ever had..... Disgusting?? Well that's an understatement. So I did what any good cook would do, I re-did it again thinking I must have somehow screwed up the 4 ingredient recipe. Guess what it was still disgusting! So needless to say I found a half can of chocolate icing in the pantry, threw it on top of those cupcakes and the kids gobbled them down. Pinterest I am very VERY disappointed in you! Enough with my babbling let me show you pictures of the kids that make me happy everyday to call this my "job".





Nick could not stop laughing at Addison's hair, too bad he couldn't see that his hair was standing straight up too! :)



These two play so sweet together and I am so glad they are so close!

2 comments:

erinesosweet said...

I feel like pinterest icing recipes are hit or miss. Don't give up though... you might find a great one :)

Libbi said...

I have had so many pinterest fails...don't even worry :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails