Monday, October 26, 2009

Ryder's First Trip and Hopefully Last.. TO THE ER!

Saturday night, my mom was holding Ryder and noticed that his forehead felt hot, and told me to take his temperature. So when I took it it was 101...which if you don't know..if your child is under 3 months old and their temperature is above 100.4 you have to take them to the ER right away. So I called the doctor and of course they said to go straight to the hospital. We hadn't even left my grandparents house before I was balling just at the thought of having to take him.We got to the childrens ER around 8 o'clock and just waited to be called back. Around 11:30 we finally got back to the room and the doctor came in and said they were going to do blood work, and IV, and a chest x-ray because they thought he had menengitis. Well I was freaking out and the lady came in to draw his blood and start the IV and tried 2 times and both times the IV didn't work. Ryder is SCREAMING at this point and the lady said I am going to go get someone else to try. I looked at Eric and said I can't do this if they don't get it in again...little did I know how many times it would take. Then comes 2 people who called themselves the "IV DREAM TEAM" that was a bunch of crap..I was by Ryders head trying to calm him down while they tried and after the 5th time I looked at Eric and said I can't do this and started BALLING..not just crying but BALLING..the guy was like "It's ok mom, he'll be ok" and I wanted to punch him in his face....7 hours later they said it was looking like he doesn't have menengitis and just a bad virus...his white blood cells were high..we won't know until tomorrow after the tests come back to make sure. He also had to get a catheter...yea....AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL night! We got home close to 5 in the morning. I have a couple pictures of our poor little man, but the uploader isn't working.. I will try later...Here is a picture of him today feeling much better thank goodness!

2 comments:

the haynie's said...

sorry to hear about Ryder please keep us posted and I hope everything is ok. It is scarey but he will be ok. Just stay strong for him. Give him a kiss from us. Hope to see you guys soon.

Thomas and Heather said...

Ryder, we're so sad to know you aren't feeling well. We'll ask Jesus to heal you quickly.

We love you,

G-Daddy and G-Mom
and Anthony

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails