Thursday, April 11, 2013

Foster and Adoption Update

When we were in TN our foster caseworker e-mailed me saying she was "missing" 4 things from our file. I wanted to scream out loud. I know that they are way under staffed and way under paid, B.U.T they lose or "misplace" paperwork ALL- THE-TIME. They always say they have all of these kids that need homes and yadda yadda but they don't manage files or what needs to be done well at all. ALL 4 of the things that were "missing" I had either e-mailed her the first time she asked for them or we showed her when she was at our house. This set us back ANOTHER 2 weeks for our approval process. I had to fax her copies of everything when we got home, and e-mailed her after saying, "IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU NEED????". Of course in a nicer way, because she is the one who will hopefully give us our forever children. But man is it frustrating!! She said no and that she was going to give it to her supervisor for review and approval. (That was Thursday) I e-mailed her on Monday to see how much longer this would be to give me a peace of mind, so that I am not e-mailing her every other day asking her if its done yet. She replied that her supervisor had signed off on us, and that it would be about 2 weeks, because they have to get the head of her department's signature and the state office still. So that means on April 22nd we should be approved. I'm crossing my fingers and saying a few prayers that it goes smoothly because I'm telling yall this is ri-DONC-ulous. I keep telling Eric if they weren't the ones that call us about kids I would have been up at the office complaining to the head poncho! And you KNOW I would have gotten somewhere but I think it's more important to stay on their good side right now and just suffer through it. After all we will get the right children that are meant for us when the time is right. But man is waiting hard!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails