Thursday, September 15, 2011

Poor Baby...

Well I knew this post was inevitable.. I am just glad it has taken 2 years before I had to write it... My baby boy got his first staple this afternoon.. This is how it happened:

I was in my bedroom making the bed and Ryder came in all excited and said MOMMA! and I looked and he had found a paci (we only bought 1000 of them so I am surprised he doesn't find them more often) I said EWW YUCKY you don't need a paci your a BIG BOY! and he started laughing and took off running so I started chasing him and we were just laughing and laughing and he threw his head into the couch and I reached around to grab his paci out of his mouth and he flung his head back RIGHT on the corner of the coffee table.. I let out a HUGE gasp and he just looked at me like nothing had happend. I then felt a sigh of relief and said come here Ryder let Mommy see you for a minute, and sure enough he had a good hole in the back of his head. I wasn't sure if it needed stitches because it wasn't wide, it just looked deep to me. It wasn't gushing blood either just kind of oozing out. So I called Eric to go ahead and come home, and our dr. office got us in right away. When I called Eric to see if they had glued it (thats what they do alot these days) he replied, "No they just stapled it" I immediately got teary eyed and said they WHAT?!? and he said they stapled it. He said Ryder didn't even cry, he just said OW! I was so impressed... my little boy is growing up!

By the way... the doctor told Eric there is no way he could pull it out..well we'll just have to see about that, he hasn't stopped pulling at it since he got home about an hour ago.. we have a whole week until it gets pulled out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails