Monday, September 9, 2013

Don't Cry, Don't Cry, Ok, Make it to the car!!

These last couple of weeks have been busy. We decided last minute to change Ryder to 5 days a week instead of 3. This was all the hubby's plans because this SAHM wanted to hold him tight as much as I can until I LEGALLY have to let him go next year. (YES I know I could home-school but I dont think either of us would survive it, I am really good at fun and abc's but actually teaching more than 2+2 might be difficult) He was supposed to have his meet the teacher on Friday before Labor Day but Eric couldn't get off and I didn't think they would appreciate 5 kids during his "group" visit. So I talked with his teacher and she GRACIOUSLY (I already LOVE her!) agreed to meet us after church on Sunday in his classroom.
He walked right in and started playing, and I talked with Mrs. Marie and learned a few things about the school year. Ryder loved meeting her and talked about her the whole way home.
On the way, I opened up the folder she gave me that had a few necesities for parents and that's when I saw it, the big yellow sign with numbers, yes folks I have a carpool number hanging from my rearview mirror.
I feel like an old lady (who lives in a shoe, and had so many children she didn't know what to do...). Out of everything that's what made me sad, I've officially moved out of toddler years and into school years, the next time I blink he will be graduating. ( I know, I know I'm exagerating but that's what I do and I am DARN good at it!) My favorite thing about school is school supply shopping, I am sure as they get older and more opionated (Or as their lists start growing and costing us a fortune) I will hate it. But right now I LOVE IT! Thankfully they had about 5 things to get and I gladly took Ryder on a "date" to eat and shop. He picked Mcdonalds to eat, and he was so excited the entire time. I will never forget what he said to me after we ate on the way to the car. We were holding hands and he looked up at me and said, "Mommy I love girl time". I said, "I love boy time". And ya'll the tears almost started flowing but I held back. We then headed to Walmart and went down every isle for his 5 little things and then went home and "packed" his bag.
The night before school, we took a bath, layed out his clothes and shoes and got all ready for the next day. He was so excited about school, but he would always say, "I am going to school!!!!, but Mommy, I am going to miss you." I just kept telling him I was going to miss him more, because I knew it was the truth! My BIL Paul met us at the school and sat in my van, so I could walk him in without four little ducklings in tow :).
I walked him up to his room and Mrs. Marie greeted us and started to tell Ryder what he needed to do and where he needed to go and I just felt the tears coming and as Oprah says, "the ugly cry" was coming. BUT I held it together and made it to the car. Then I cried the whole way home. But thankfully I wasn't the only one who missed him, little Miss Abigail cried the whole way home with me. :) We are two peas in a pod!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails