Monday, June 18, 2012

*Adoption UPDATE!!*

Today we were scheduled to have our fire inspection between 12-3. Well 3:00 rolled around with no inspector. I tried calling my caseworker but she was out of the office, so after a few phone calls I was able to get the man's phone number and give him a call. He told me that he didn't even have me scheduled today! This was a huge upset because the fire inspectors ONLY do adoption/foster homes ONE yes ONE day a month. This just seems ridiculous to me but whatever. He said he could squeeze us in around 4:30 so I said WE'LL TAKE IT! He showed up and was so nice, and took maybe 10 minutes to look at everything and APPROVE us!! ( I later got a frantic e-mail back from our caseworker saying PLEASE TELL ME HE SHOWED UP! After I told her he did, she contacted him and he had printed out the wrong calendar for today and we weren't on the original one he printed out)This was our last and final inspection and boy is that a relief! So now, all we have left are 2 visits from DSS to write up a home study of us. This is usually about a 30 minute visit on 2 different days and is just low key get to know you kind of thing. We were told that we could probably get squeezed in before we leave for VA for two weeks at the end of the month, which we still might be able to do but there are 5 people ahead of us right now. So we might have to wait until we get back. I don't feel stress or pressure at all, I know it will all happen in HIS timing! This whole thing has gone so fast and smoothly waiting 2 weeks for our LAST step in the WHOLE process is NO BIG DEAL! I'm not complaining! :) ... and on another note to update about. My caseworker called me about 2 weeks ago asking if we would be willing to take siblings. She specifically had a 3, 6, and 9 year old but I told her there was just no way we could take 3. I told her that Eric and I would pray about it and might possibly do 1 to 2 siblings. Well after a lot of prayer we both felt we had the same answer....which was YES! We are just giving this to God and seeing how this unfolds. We still could get just 1 but we are willing to take 2. We both just felt a tug in that direction so that's what were doing! As I've said many times its unbelievably crazy how this process has unraveled. Going from being told at least 8 months to be approved to almost being down not even into our 3rd month is UNREAL! So this is totally a God thing and we are just taking a leap of faith and will see how this all comes together!

I saw this quote the other day and thought it was so true about the process of adoption!
An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails